Monday, October 17, 2011

7 months young


Well so far 7 months old is turning out to be pretty excellent. I got my first tooth a couple of days ago on the bottom right. Mom is trying to take a picture of it here but you can't really see it. Good thing these teeth are coming because I am a voracious eater. I haven't had anything I don't like. The green beans are just so-so but even with those, I am a very attentive eater and not the least bit messy. I mean, who would want to waste food by spitting it out all over the place? Being a neat eater works out for all of us because I hate to wear a bib. Mom and dad say it's okay as long as I don't start spitting food. That sounds like a good compromise to me.

I'm still a commando crawling champ and sometimes I play with getting up on hands and knees but I haven't really figured that out all the way. I'm really fast with the slither so aside from a little rug burn now and then on my elbows and knees, I can get around with the best of them. I have even mastered the step up from the living room to the front door area.

Even if I'm not fast enough to get to the door to say hello or goodbye to whoever is coming or going, I can wave. Mom still needs to get a picture of that. Oh, and I can say "mum-mum" and "da-da". I still don't have a word for Jack yet. I have been trying out "ba-ba" and "aki" but neither have really stuck. Whenever I want his attention, I just yell and laugh and wiggle around like crazy and that usually works. Or I take one of his toys, which are SO much cooler than my toys.

So life is good around here. I spent some time with my Grammy, Pap-pap, and Nan-nan this past week, as you can see. And I can't wait to see Nana and Grandpa this coming weekend for what I hear is an annual visit to the pumpkin patch. We also have plans to go to Boo at the Zoo. Check back next week for a picture of me in my costume. Happy autumn everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Will,
    Ten months already, wow! And you are growing so fast you look like you're 15 months if a day. Good to hear you are really mobile now, crawling and getting into things, like your big brother's toys and all. Just wait until you start walking around, they will not be able to curb your enthusiasm for sure.
    So the choppers are starting to come in, that’s a good thing, though you will have some uncomfortable times. Once the your teeth are all in place we will declare, “Let the eating begin!” I hear you already do quite well with just your gums.
    We all look forward to the photos of you and Jake in costume and the romp through the pumpkin patch. This year Jack will be able to lift a real big one, you’ll have to get him to show you the ropes on that one.
    Love, YGUP

    ReplyDelete