Sunday, August 28, 2011

soccer star



I might be the next big soccer star but for now Jack is the man of the hour. Jack was at the Brit-Am Soccer Academy camp all week last week and he had a total blast. When we first got there, I was a little worried for him - it was Jack with a whole crowd of big kids. The camp was for kids 4-11 but there were only two kids who were 4: Jack and Oram. The two 4-year olds were in a group of kids aged 4-7 and let me tell you, Jack was great. He earned himself the nickname "Mr. Intensity" from the coaches because he was such a fierce competitor on the field. Kicking, dribbling, shooting, and running - even when they played an all-camp cowboys and indians game, Jack was totally keeping pace running with the older kids. A real highlight of the week was that on the third day of camp, they had a camp-wide uniform contest. Kids were supposed to wear the uniforms of the teams they play on and then everyone voted for best dressed. Since Jack doesn't play on a team yet, he wore his Puma outfit, telling everyone he played for Team Puma. After some serious schmoozing with the 10 and 11 year old girls, Jack got their votes and won the contest! Add that to my list of things to learn from my big brother: soccer skills, how to dress, and how to work the crowd. Perhaps needless to say, Jack left camp as the most popular kid around and I left as the most popular baby brother. (A big thanks to Aunt Jo for buying us the award-winning outfit!)

4 comments:

  1. I think you could not only take the role of soccer star, but agent for you big brother! I hope he realizes how lucky he is to have his own fan club.

    Hope you all are weathering the storm. Lots of wind, but little rain so far on the sandy shores.

    Love from the blustery peninsula...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Will,
    You and big brother Jack look great in your football gear, you may have a future in the primier league. You dad would know what that means but the rest of the people will think I am speaking Martian.
    So you have to learn to run around soon, you start with taring around the living room and then work your way up. Soon you will be out pacing everyone and giving Big Jack a run for his money.
    Love, YGUP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will-
    you look so happy dressed the same as your Big Bro.
    Surely, someone to look up to. I bet you just can't wait to be running with the crowd. Hang in, you'll get there.
    You can be the cute little brother that all Jack's girls will be checking out,

    love ya
    hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, think we're going to have to organize some Bayern-Muenchen soccer uniforms for you guys! I'll get Uncle Joerg to work on that... Love, Tante

    ReplyDelete